More news about: William Paterson
Nov 26, 2018
WAYNE, N.J. – Three Pioneers scored in double-figures as the William Paterson men's basketball team (3-3) pulled away in the second half to upend Baruch College (4-2), 71-55, Nov. 26.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- With WP leading by six midway through the first half (16-10, 7:18), Baruch capitalized on a handful of Pioneer turnovers to tie it up at 22-22 at the 3:15 mark. Three-pointers by Sean Smith and Malcolm McLeod gave the home team a narrow 28-26 lead at intermission.
- Eight straight points by junior forward Myles McLeod over a span of 1:26 helped push the Pioneers advantage to eight (39-31).
- The Bearcats clawed back to cut the deficit to single digits, but clutch free-throw shooting down the stretch would allow the visitors to get no closer as William Paterson easily pulled away, 71-55.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Smith collected a game-high 18 points, while Myles McLeod added 13. Sophomore guard Domenic Mignone poured in 12 points and added a team-best three steals on defense.
- Sajimir Asani dished out eight assists and added nine points on a perfect 3-3 from the field and 2-2 from the line.
- Saint Simeon Beaubrun recorded seven tallies while leading all players with nine rebounds.
- WP welcomes New Jersey City University to the Sports and Recreation Center on Wednesday, Nov. 28, at 8:00 p.m.
FOLLOW THE PIONEERS: