WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. — The Keuka College Men's Basketball team won their third straight North Eastern Athletic Conference game, defeating Penn College 78-56 on Sunday in Pennsylvania.
For the second straight game, Keuka College (7-5, 4-1 NEAC) had three players record a double-double. Trevor Powell (Manassas, Va. / Osbourn), Ryder Mansfield (Concord, N.C. / Charlotte United), and James Barnes (Rochester, N.Y. / University Prep) each recorded the feat with double figures in both points and rebounds. In total, Keuka College had five players score in double figures with David Oliveras (Great Mills, Md. / Great Mills) leading the team with 16 points and Achraf Sadouk (Williamsburg, Va. / Bruton) adding 13 in the win.
Keuka College 78 at Penn College 56
Keuka College jumped out to a quick lead, scoring 13 of the first 16 points of the game on Sunday over the opening six minutes. Penn College cut the lead down to six points, but Achraf Sadouk hit a three to widen the margin. The Wildcats continued to fight as the game was down to a one-possession game, but Keuka responded with a run. The Wolves scored 12 unanswered points to push the margin back up to 15 points, 36-21. Penn College beat the halftime buzzer with a three, but the Wolves were up 37-26 at the break.
The Wolves played with a lead in the second half. A layup by David Oliveras pushed the lead to 20 points with 13 minutes left to play. Penn College tried to comeback on Sunday, hitting four three-pointers in the second half, but it was not enough. The Green and Gold continued onto a 78-56 North Eastern Athletic Conference victory.
- The Wolves remained perfect against Penn College, winning all six meetings all-time
- In recording his third double-double, James Barnes surpassed his previous season-high in rebounding
- Also passing a season-high was David Oliveras, setting a new best in total points in a season
- It was the 11th double-double of the careers of Mansfield and Powell
- Trevor Powell had 11 rebounds for the Wolves, giving min 507 in his career. Powell passed Judd Leonhardt for seventh on the Keuka College career rebounding list
- Matthew Bolton (Cato, N.Y. / Cato-Meridian) set a new career-high with six points against Penn College
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves will face a tough North Division test on Wednesday. Keuka College will remain on the road and travel to Morrisville State. The Mustangs sit atop the North Division and are undefeated in conference play this season.